Behavioural Support Worker - Nova Program (Closing Date Feb 24)
Behavioural Support Worker – Nova Program
Hollyburn Family Services – West Vancouver, BC
Hollyburn Family Services is recruiting for a Full-time position for Nova Program, located in West Vancouver for 40 hrs/week, 8 hr shifts, which will include one day of the weekend.
You will work with a male youth with high needs who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD. This position requires high energy, very enthusiastic individuals with a positive attitude and a strong skill set. It is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a highly knowledgeable team.
- Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field.
- Experience working with children/youth with developmental disabilities or autism.
- B.C. Driver’s License required .
- First Aid/CPR certificate an asset.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism needs and risk assessment and a good understanding of crisis management.
- Must demonstrate experience dealing with children with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues.
- Must demonstrate emergency response skills and good decision making in dealing with safety issues and with manic/aggressive episodes if required.
- Must demonstrate effective counselling skills, mediation and negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Possess fluent English written and oral communication skills.
- Possess initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
- Be able to multitask; balancing client needs with administrative duties.
- Experience dealing with high aggression.
- Experience in creating social stories, visuals aids, sensory integration and report writing.
- Experience coordinating recreational activities in the community.
- Knowledge of the causes and symptoms of autism.
- Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment.
- Good understanding of crisis management.
- Must demonstrate experience with strategy development, mediation, advocacy, community networking, life skills management and skills development.
Salary: Competitive wages, based on education, training and experience. Extensive benefit package is provided, including RRSP matching, MSP and dental.
Please send a resume and cover letter. Deadline to apply is February 24, 2017
Job Type: Full-time
- Working in a residential setting: 1 year
- Working with high aggression: 1 year
- Working with special needs: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- BC Driver’s License (full priviledge)