Unique and challenging position available in clinical addiction recovery setting.
This is equally a clinical and administrative position, ideally suited to an individual with a balance of post-secondary education as well as experience or training working with individuals in addiction and/or recovery with concurrent medical and/or mental health challenges. You will also be familiar with the medical model of addiction.
This is not a counselling or therapeutic role and we operate on an abstinence-based platform and are not harm reductionist in our approach.
Monitoring positions are suited to mature, professional and qualified individuals who have strong personal boundaries and who are able to articulate effectively both in verbal form and in written clinical reports.
Applicants must have:
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills, including boundary setting.
- Excellent time management and organization ability.
- Proficiency in computer applications – Microsoft Word and Outlook – with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a team.
- Ability to take initiative with confidence.
Preference will go to participants who also have familiarity with:
- 12-step work
- Mutual support group meeting peer support
- Local recovery resources
- Occupational Health and Disability Management
The location for this position is on a transit/skytrain route in Burnaby.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, including a cover letter which outlines how your experience qualifies you for the position as well as you salary expectation.
Thank you to all who apply, however; due to the volume of responses, please be advised that we will only be responding to those applicants whose training and/or experience qualifies them for the position.
Job Type: Full-time