Diversity Employment Specialist (Open Until Filled)
Nanaimo (Full Time)
Vancouver Island Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VIVRS) is seeking a Diversity Employment Specialist, to join our team in Nanaimo working with persons with diverse abilities who have barriers that prevent them from making a successful transition to sustainable employment.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience working with people with diverse abilities.
The successful candidate will have
- Related diploma or degree (RRP or CVRP) with a minimum 3 years’ directly related experience in employment counselling, case management and customized employment services and/or several years’ related experience with a related degree (Human Services).
- Extensive knowledge of the labour market and knowledge of community services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-focused, flexible team player, able to work independently and take initiative
- A working knowledge of the Employment program of BC and the integrated case management (ICM) system will be an asset
- Proficient working knowledge of computer programs and the internet
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and own transportation
- to pass a criminal record check for vulnerable populations
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Accepting applicants through ESC’s, Community, Ministry or Self referrals
- Determining eligibility of individuals for services provided under the EPBC program
- employment counselling including such duties as assisting clients with a vocational goal, customized employment services , setting up work experiences, assisting with job search, referrals for specialized assessments, and referrals for clinical counselling when necessary
- Marketing and developing relationships with employers in a variety of industries, to ensure successful job placement for clients
- assisting clients in developing action plans to achieve labour market attachment
- Completing reports and documentation on activities as required in ICM and other data base inputs
- Attending meetings as required
- Adhering to VIVRS policies and procedures
- Undertaking other tasks as assigned and working as and with a ‘team’ in achieving the contracted outcomes
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 /hour
Required licenses or certifications:
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable populations
- Driver’s Licence .