Under the direction of the Director of Employment Services, this position is responsible for, the training, supervision and co-ordination of designated work units within the vocational program and the management of TEP placements, in line with the mission, objectives and policies of Coast Foundation and the Employment Services Division.
This is a temporary part-time (60 hours bi-weekly) position for approximately one year.
University degree in social services or social work, or, diploma and equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. At least two years work experience in social, health or related fields. Knowledge of community and psychiatric resources and services. Valid BC Class 5 drivers licence and vehicle, Emergency First Aid certificate and criminal record clearance through the Ministry of Justice.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work with people with a mental illness.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Good motivational skills.
- Understand the principles of psychiatric rehabilitation and employment counselling and the philosophy, functions, policies and goals of the Clubhouse program.