Temporary Counselling Hours to March 2016: Child and Family Counsellor
- 1 position – 19 - 22 hours per week
- To provide long and short term counselling to children and their families
- To work 2 evenings until 7:00pm
- Temporary position from October 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016
Key Responsibility Area – Counselling With Children, Parents and Families
- To function as part of a clinical team
- To work with children using play/art therapy
- To provide information and education regarding child development, including sexual and emotional development
Key Responsibility Area – Referral, Information and Consultation
- To provide occasional crisis intervention to clients
- To liaise with other agencies/professionals regarding clients for purposes of consultation or referral
Key Responsibility Area – Community Liaison/Advocacy
- To advocate for and to co-ordinate client services with other agencies and professionals
- To collaborate with MCF Social Workers on client goals/programs, such as ICM’s as required
Key Responsibility Area – Administration
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan in conjunction with the client and conduct regular reviews of the treatment process
- Maintain client files, recording client visits and key information
- Prepare client progress reports
- Complete all required data collection, including clinical stats
- Submit time sheets and other information as required
- Prepare education handout for parents, clients and community
Key Responsibility Area – Professional Development
- Keep abreast of development in the fields of sexual abuse and trauma counselling
- Attend specified workshops and conferences
- Network with colleagues and other professionals in the field
- M.S.W. or M.A. /M.Ed./Psychology
- Minimum of two years clinical experience, including work with children and families
- Training and experience in play therapy techniques, sexual abuse counselling and individual and family counselling
- In depth knowledge of child development and sexual abuse dynamics
- Knowledge of child protection and legal systems
- Crisis intervention skills
- Competence and comfort in working with diversity
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a professional team
- Drivers License
- This position is covered under a collective agreement.
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. Notarized copy of degree(s) certification required.
- Must have access to a reliable car.
- We thank all applicants for their interest.
To apply: http://bit.ly/1F1zxtY