12 Step Substance Abuse Counsellor/CRF Shift Supervisor
St. Leonard’s Society of North Vancouver is a 14 bed community residential facility (halfway house) that provides community reintegration services and residential drug and alcohol treatment to men returning to the community following a period of Federal or Provincial incarceration.
This multifaceted position requires candidates to perform the following:
- Shift supervisor: manage the day to day operation of the community residential facility (CRF) in accordance to the directives of the Correctional Service of Canada.
- 12 Step Substance Abuse counsellor: manage a small caseload of residents (2-5) and provide process and educational groups and individual counselling.
- A minimum of 3 years drug and alcohol free and a commitment to modelling a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Certificate/Degree in Addiction/substance abuse counselling.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of 12 step based recovery, specifically Narcotics Anonymous.
- The counsellor will be expected to work with other staff and other professionals as a member of a therapeutic team committed to carrying out the goals of the Community Alcohol and Drug program.
- Proficiency in computer and Microsoft operating system and software applications.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Must have the ability to deliver written reports thoroughly and on time.
- Must possess a valid Occupational First Aid level 1 certificate.
- Proficiency in Offender Management System (OMS) would be an asset, but the employer will provide training offered by the Correctional Service of Canada to a suitable candidate.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and prioritize your workload independently.
- Must be eligible for a Government of Canada Reliability Level Screening Certificate.
- Must have the ability to follow government directives including CRF policies and procedures.
- Must possess a class 5 BC drivers license
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends.
Application Process: please apply by submitting a cover letter, well documented resume including references to CRF Manager Stu Diggon.
Apply here: https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=counselling&l=vancouver&advn=9285734042368664&vjk=cb30e23fcdfe9b1d