Position Title: Case Manager (WorkBC) – 3 positions available
Department: Settlement & Employment
Rep*orts to*: Employment Lead
Contract Dates: Position 1: ASAP – March 31st, 2020
Positions 2 & 3: April 1st, 2019 – March 31st, 2020
(All contract renewals subject to funding)
Join our Team
The North Shore Multicultural Society (NSMS) has provided services to the North Shore community for over 28 years. We are a mid-sized not for profit organization with 70+ staff and play a leading role to support immigrants to thrive economically and socially on the North Shore. With values of diversity, excellence, and respect, NSMS is not only an effective immigrant services provider but also an exciting and welcoming place to work.
Under the general supervision of the Employment Lead, the Case Manager is responsible for working closely with job seekers to assess service suitability, develop, and implement an Employment Action Plan. The Case Manager will support clients with achieving their employment goals by referring them to WorkBC interventions such as, skills training, short term skills training, employment workshops, self-employment programs, job development, wage subsidy, etc. The Case Manager will support clients through employer connections to secure and maintain employment by monitor their progress, and provide job coaching.
- Working with clients to achieve labour market or community attachment including addressing any client barriers, and building on client strengths through an integrated case management model
- Work as part of a multi-faceted and multi-agency team to deliver a comprehensive employment program designed to meet the individual needs of all clients including those of specialized populations.
- Work within an outcome-based contract and support clients to achieve all relevant outcomes
- Support eligible clients to access other NSMS services that support their settlement and labour market attachment needs
- Assessing clients and ensure they are referred to appropriate interventions
- Administer Formal Needs Assessments with clients using a variety of assessment tools
- Developing and monitoring Return to Work Action Plans with clients
- Responsible for reporting Client progress and milestones through the Integrated Case Management (ICM) database
- Ensure file consistency for government audits
- Moving Clients towards developed goals
- Booking Clients in workshops and monitoring attendance
- Working within government compliance regulations
- Marketing to the catchment communities
- Keeping abreast of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, job training, and employment opportunities
- Be familiar with and able to work with Clients using the latest technology
- Assist clients to access workshops, training, self-employment programs, job development, short-term training and wage subsidy
- Act as a champion of the program, promoting our services throughout community and networking events
- Work closely with the lead contractor’s Quality Assurance team and the Office Manager to ensure accuracy in data entry and service delivery
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement NSMS’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of the North Shore Multicultural Society.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Candidates must have strong employment counselling skills with a minimum of 2 years of experience and ability to work within a performance based contract
- Familiarity with the Integrated Case Management Database and WorkBC policy guidelines is a strong asset
- Fluent speaking and writing English and the ability to write strong Client/ Service rationale that supports service referral/delivery
- Second language is an asset
- Up to date with the latest job search, career exploration/ labour market practices
- Passion for helping jobseekers achieve their goals
- Strong team player & able to show initiative
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree, career counselling certificate, or a combination of relevant work and experience
- Must have excellent computer skills
Hours: 35 hours / week
Salary Range: $26.00 – 29.00 per hour dependent on experience
Posted until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
North Shore Multicultural Society
#207-123 East 15th Street,
North Vancouver, B.C. V7L 2P7
Reference: Case Manager WorkBC in Subject Line
North Shore Multicultural Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $26.00 to $29.00 /hour
- employment counselling: 2 years (Required)
- Integrated Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Apply here: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=counselling&l=Vancouver%2C%20BC&start=30&vjk=d7474df2756fc32a