Better Business Bureau has an exciting opportunity for a Dispute Resolution Counselor to help consumers and businesses through our various BBB services including through our complaint process, and BBB Customer Review program.
About the Role:
As a Dispute Resolution Counsellor, you are responsible for managing your caseload, as part of a team: your average month would include:
- Communicating with people (by phone, live chat or email) people who want help to understand our services or seek guidance about a dispute that they are involved with
- Reading complaints or customer reviews (feedback about a consumer/business experience) and determining if the BBB can help, and if not, providing other alternatives to the consumer
- Coaching businesses and consumers how to provide effective written responses in their dispute by identifying gaps in information
- Applying sound and consistent decision-skills to identify and type complaints when the dispute resolution process appears to have reached a close
- Updating our files, which helps people get quality information they can trust about businesses
- Identifying and working with businesses to eliminate complaint trends, ultimately reporting on the trends and efforts taken by the business to eliminate the trend
- Redacting complaint or customer review details before publication through the removal of personally identifiable information or other irrelevant information.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for a self-managing individual with a great attitude. A person who is passionate about helping people has exceptional communication skills and the ability to self-organize. If you are curious, respectful and helpful and are excited to develop your conflict resolution skills, this role may be the perfect fit for you.
Required Education / Skill/ Experience
- College diploma or University degree in the areas of conflict resolution, counseling, psychology social work or other related disciplines.
- 5 years related experience in customer service including handling difficult or escalated situations
- Experience or education in coaching or negotiation(as you will be using these skills to coach consumers and businesses in how to respond appropriately) is an asset
- Ability to remain patient, calm and professional in challenging situations, including managing hostile individuals on occasion
- Ability to effectively manage changes in workload in order to achieve set standards and demonstrate initiative in taking on additional tasks when capacity allows
- Quick and accurate typing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate computer and MS Office skills
- Positive attitude
BBB is located in downtown Vancouver, conveniently close to a sky train station.
Office hours are from 9-5, Monday to Friday
Great organizational culture
Comprehensive cost-shared Benefits after 90 days
RRSP Matching program
Being part of a non-profit organization that has over 100 years of experience across North America
How to apply
Please email your detailed resume and cover letter explaining your interest, to the attention: Amado Avencena, Manager, Public Services via email.
Please, no telephone calls.
We value the time and effort of all our applicants, however, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted directly for an interview for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,000.00 /year
- Cujstomer Care: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
Apply here: https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=coaching&l=vancouver&advn=9314343699886135&vjk=0d60fcd13beb729a