Milieu is currently looking for a Part Time 30 Hour Employment Counsellor.
Monday to Friday 10am-4pm (flexbility needed)
JOB DESCRIPTION: EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLOR
The Employment Counsellor is accountable to the Manager of the Program.
Milieu’s is committed to person-centered support and seeks to foster independence, build relationships, and increase community inclusion and citizenship opportunities for those we serve. Our mission is “to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.”
Employment Counsellor assesses individuals’ interests, skills, abilities and work readiness. Finds and advises individuals with employment opportunities. Supports and provides skill development to individuals’ in areas to obtaining and retaining employment. Provides individual care and guidance consistent with the needs of an individual group with mental health issues, behavioural challenges, or addictions. Provides stabilization through predictable structures, clear expectations and positive behaviour support. Incumbents must have the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team context, and be able to demonstrate crisis intervention, conflict resolution and problem solving, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A certificate in human/ social services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or physical/medical/behavioral support needs or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Negative T.B test Clearance
- Food Safe Certification
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults (Provincial)
- Clear Health Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Class 5.
- Use of vehicle with 3 million liability
- Clear and Current Driver’s Abstract.
- Mandt Certification (Available training upon successful application)
This is a unionized position with the BCGEU.
Wage range of $18.15 to $21.14.
Interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Apply here: https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=counselling&l=Vancouver%2C%20BC&vjk=f3d2cf9cbe862fa2