Position Title: Settlement Lead
Department: Settlement & Employment
Reports to: Manager of Settlement & Employment Services
Contract Dates: April 1st, 2019 – March 31st, 2020 (Contract renewal subject to funding)
Join our Team
The North Shore Multicultural Society (NSMS) has provided services to the North Shore community for over 28 years. We are a mid-sized not for profit organization with 70+ staff and play a leading role to support immigrants to thrive economically and socially on the North Shore. With values of diversity, excellence, and respect, NSMS is not only an effective immigrant services provider but also an exciting and welcoming place to work.
A leadership position within the organization, the Settlement Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all settlement programs and services. Settlement programming includes family programs, one-to-one settlement appointments, settlement workshops, and specialized programming. The Settlement Lead provides staff supervision and support to settlement workers in the Settlement and Employment department, and provides oversight to ensure services are responsive to clients’ needs and experiences.
The North Shore Multicultural Society is a mid-sized agency that is known for its innovative services and collaborative working environment. This position will give you an opportunity to develop your skills as you guide and provide oversight to a varied and busy service environment. This position is ideal for a candidate who believes that service excellence is a key contributor to the wellbeing of newcomers, their families, and communities. It is a stepping-stone for further development in not for profit management roles.
- Supports the development and implementation of exemplary client services
- Ensures staff have access to information and training to ensure services are current and responsive to emerging settlement patterns and changes in the policy environment.
- Overseas the collection and monitoring of service data and client feedback.
- Overseas service scheduling and implements appropriate service responses for urgent /new client needs. Staff supervision and support: Settlement Workers, program facilitators, childminders
- Provide direct service to clients as needed.
- Assists the Manager of Settlement and Employment in report writing, program monitoring and evaluation, service planning, data management, and risk management practices.
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Other related duties as required
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement NSMS’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of the North Shore Multicultural Society. Engages people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and in delivering results.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Strategic Thinking. Has a vision for the future, builds plans, and makes decisions to get there. Aligns program policy and delivery with the strategic directions of NSMS. Champions organizational change.
- Building the Organizational Team. Recognizes that the leader alone cannot get the job done; coaches staff and volunteers to meet the mission of NSMS. Builds successful relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Results Focused. Action-oriented. Maximizes organizational effectiveness and sustainability. Aligns people, work, and systems to meet organizational objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in service delivery environments
- Knowledge of the needs and assets of immigrants and their families; and the issues/ barriers facing newcomers
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among multiple stakeholders
- Proven record of meeting contract deliverables and reporting
- Strong writing skills and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of settlement and integration of newcomers
- 2+ years experience with staff supervision, support, and coaching
- Experience working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
Hours: 35 hours / week
Salary Range: $26.50 – $30.00 per hour dependent on experience
Posted until filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
North Shore Multicultural Society
#207-123 East 15th Street,
North Vancouver, B.C. V7L 2P7
Reference: Settlement Lead in Subject Line
North Shore Multicultural Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $26.50 to $30.00 /hour
- staff supervision: 2 years (Required)
- service delivery: 3 years (Required)
Apply here: https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=coaching&l=Vancouver%2C%20BC&vjk=25ac184ffeaea75b