This Program is designed to provide students with high level coaching knowledge and abilities. Students will learn how to energize and invigorate clients, while challenging them to move through barriers and stumbling blocks. The course is designed to improve leadership skills and provide tools to teach and inspire. The course will aid in communication enhancement and personal effectiveness. Students will be trained in competency in a range of high level coaching skills, relevant to personal and corporate clients.
This course provides students in the helping professions with knowledge of theory and experiential practice in the skills of coaching a diverse clientele. Students will develop and demonstrate competency in a range of coaching skills that are immediately transferable into real life situations.
Before the end of this course, students will demonstrate the following:
- The ability to energize clients
- The ability to recognize and challenge non-effective client behaviours
- Guide clients to acquire and integrate new behaviours
- Highly skilled empathic listening
- Define and describe life coaching
- How to inspire and teach clients to achieve high levels of personal achievement and growth
- Enhance personal communication skills
- Understand ‘niche’ coaching
- Develop a strong and concise code of ethics
- Recognize and set personal limits and guidelines
- Understands International Coach Federation criteria for membership
Found in These Programs: Professional Counsellor Diploma
Course Type: Evening (PT)
Course Length: 12 Weeks
Course Hours: 48
Prerequisites: COAC 100
Other Requirements: Enrollment in the Professional Counsellor Diploma program. Pre-requisites may be waived with approval of Admissions Department.