This course is designed to provide students with high level Lifestyle Management and Program planning competencies, matching the current demands of the Wellness industry. Students will research, design, and prepare a high level presentation to market their own specialized program. Graduates will build a person and professional portfolio that includes a lifestyle management program for a select group.
Before the end of this course, students will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of perspectives on lifestyle management
- Knowledge of theories and principles of adult education
- Knowledge of theories and principles of program planning
- An awareness of, and a demonstration of, the principles lifestyle management in students’ own lives
- The ability to consult with individuals and organizations wishing to integrate lifestyle management and leadership skills into the workplace
- The ability to plan a program using DACUM (Design a Curriculum) and other materials
- The knowledge required to design and implement a thorough and detailed lifestyle management plan for an identified client group.
Found in These Programs: Addiction Counsellor Diploma, Professional Counsellor Diploma
Course Type: Evening (PT)
Course Length: 12 weeks
Course Hours: 48
Other Requirements: Enrollment in Addiction Counsellor Diploma, Professional Counsellor Diploma program, or special permission from the Admissions department.