This course is designed to teach participants aspects of mental wellness, including increasing conscious awareness, analysis of beliefs, identifying thought patterns, the mind body connection, and personal mental wellness care.
The principle objective of the mental wellness course is to provide individuals with information and skills to assess and improve their own and other’s mental health and wellness.
Before the end of this course, students will demonstrate the following:
- Introduction to Meta-Cognition
- Increasing conscious awareness
- Identifying the connection between beliefs, thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Identifying and shifting cognitive distortions
- Using mood logs with clients
- The use of cognitive therapy to assist clients to achieve mental wellness.
- Introduction to Schema Therapy
- Introduction to Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Introduction to Narrative Therapy
Found in These Programs: Wellness Counsellor Diploma, Professional Counsellor Diploma
Course Type: Daytime (FT)
Course Length: 12 weeks
Course Hours: 180
Other Requirements: Enrollment in the Wellness Counsellor Diploma or Professional Counsellor Diploma programs.