Rhodes Wellness College is committed to keeping its students, staff, and faculty as safe as possible while COVID-19 remains a risk in British Columbia. Rhodes Wellness College will follow the guidelines, recommendations, and requirements of the Ministry of Advanced Education, the Provincial Medical Officer, Work BC, and other governing or regulatory bodies that the college is subject to. The college will communicate clearly on-site requirements and any other requirements that students, staff, and visitors need to adhere to.
Information on COVID-19 and British Columbia’s requirements can be found at B.C.’s Centre for Disease Control Website at: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Information about testing for COVID-19 in British Columbia, can be found at: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing
While the below provides a summary of Rhodes Wellness College’s efforts to protect our students and the public, the college’s detailed Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.rhodescollege.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rhodes-Wellness-College-Health-and-Safety-Plan-for-COVID-19.pdf
On Campus Requirements
- All individuals entering the campus must report to reception immediately upon entering the college. All individuals will be asked to fill out a questionnaire relating to their recent travel, potential contact with anyone with the COVID-19 virus, and any potential symptoms of COVID-19. Individuals that have travelled outside of Canada in the previous 14 days, or how have come in contact with anyone who had COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or who are suffering any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the campus.
- Anyone entering the campus must immediately wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water or clean their hands thoroughly with the sanitizer provided every time they enter the campus. A sanitizing station is located at the entrance of the college. All individuals must also clean their hands thoroughly:
- Immediately after leaving any classroom
- Immediately after having any contact with any individual
- Immediately after re-entering any classroom
- Immediately after using the washroom
- Students and staff must wear a mask at all timesin all public areas including hallways, the kitchen, entry ways, etc. Students and staff are required to supply their own face masks. If a student or staff does not have a mask, one will be supplied to them by the college. Students or staff are only allowed to remove their masks if they are in a private office by themselves or in one of the classrooms and separated by a minimum of two meters from anyone else.
- No visitors are to be brought into Rhodes Wellness College without permission from senior management.
- If visitors are approved to visit, they must sign in at reception and fill out the college’s COVID-19 questionnaire form.
- Students must follow the directional arrows and other physical movement requirements outlined by Rhodes Wellness College.
- No hugs, handshakes, or any other physical contact is allowed.
- Each classroom space and public space will be cleaned completely with all high touch surface areas sanitized with cleaner at minimum once per day by our cleaning staff.
- Each class is encouraged to clean any surface touched throughout the day with the cleaning supplies that will be available in every classroom including lamps, tables, chairs, etc.
- A maximum of two students and staff (combined) are permitted at any time in the elevator.
- A maximum of four students and staff are permitted in the kitchen at any time.
- A maximum of one student or staff occupying the Rhodes Wellness College bathroom, or two students or staff occupying the public bathrooms in the hall is permitted at any time.
- A maximum of 2 faculty members will facilitate in any one room at any time.
- A maximum of 12 people will be permitted in Classrooms 2, 3, or 4 at Rhodes (per classroom) at Wellness College at any time.
- A maximum of 30 people will be permitted in Classroom 1 at any time.
Personal Care Responsibilities
- Students and staff must cover their mouth and nose when sneezing/coughing.
- Students and staff will need to help clean surfaces they use multiple times a day.
- No sharing of food, drinks or personal items are allowed.
FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT SUSPECT THEY HAVE CONTRACTED COVID-19 or FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRACTED COVID-19:
Any individual who has contracted COVID-19 must wait for a minimum of 14 days as well as wait until they are symptom-free prior to coming to the campus.
- Any individual suspecting that they might have COVID-19 is asked to contact 8-1-1 or visit a testing centre to be tested and ascertain whether they have contracted the virus.
A maximum of 12 people will be permitted in Classrooms 2, 3, or 4 at Rhodes (per classroom) at Wellness College at any
International students travelling into Canada to join any Rhodes Wellness College program commencing in September 2020 or later must do the following:
- Send the college a plan that guarantees the student and anyone travelling with them can and will quarantine a minimum of 14 days upon entry into Canada and prior to coming to the college or travelling elsewhere.
- Have a sufficient plan that will ensure they can honour quarantine requirements, including shopping, eating, etc.
- Communicate with the college’s COVID-19 international student coordinator on a daily basis confirming they are continuing to honour their quarantine requirements.
The college’s COVID-19 international student coordinator is available to answer any questions regarding the college and its efforts to combat COVID-19, and is also available to help international students with resources such as:
- Housing including short-term hosing for any required quarantine period.
- Food delivery, grocery delivery, laundry services and other services that will help ensure international students can quarantine for the required 14 days period.
- Assistance to provide resources and directions for any individual related to the college who expects they might have contracted COVID-19.
For any questions related to the college’s COVID-19 response, efforts, and requirements, please email:
- Our COVID-19 international student coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Our Director of Operations, Janice Prinsloo at: email@example.com.
You can contact us by phone us at:
+1 604-708-4416 or Toll-Free (for North America) at +1877-708-4416