|Harvest Project is a community-leading non-profit organization, bringing life-changing resources to hundreds of North Shore residents in their journeys towards a healthier life. We bring transformative change into the lives of vulnerable people. Our mandate is to offer support and create programs to reduce the depth and length of time our clients experience poverty, in order to improve the overall health of the community. Read more about us at www.harvestproject.org.
Make a difference in your community!
Client Care Nutritionist – Part Time, 12–13-month contract
Harvest Project is a place where your contribution can make a meaningful difference in the lives of people in our community. Working at Harvest Project is a uniquely rewarding experience, where you will join our team to bring life-changing resources to hundreds of North Shore residents. We are a compassionate, mission-focused and values driven non-profit organization, bringing transformative change into the lives of struggling community members. We offer pro-active case management, focused on providing client coaching, nutritious food, clothing, employment support and more. Our mission is to “Extend a Hand Up, Not a Hand-Out,” helping to restore our neighbours to health and stability.
We have regularly been voted the #1 non-profit on Vancouver’s North Shore!
We are seeking an experienced Client Care Nutritionist (CCN) to join our client care-centered multi-disciplinary team. Leading our Client Care Nutrition Pathway program, you will provide nutritional wellness support to individuals and families in their continuity of care.
The CCN’s role is to enhance and promote the nutritional health and consequently the psychological wellbeing of Harvest Project clients so they are better equipped to face and overcome their challenges. The CCN will work within a wide variety of client barriers including nutrition access, nutrition education, food skills development, and food budgeting for clients.
- Support clients with nutrition coaching, including: nutrition and diet suggestions, food literacy and food label reading, food budgeting, and referral to other resources.
- Work closely with the Client Care team to gain an understanding of best approaches to work with clients to understand their needs.
- Work one on one with clients to review their food and diet preferences, concerns, and grocery shopping patterns.
- Provide nutrition suggestions as needed, based on client input and preferences.
- Suggest effective nutritional behavioral change strategies to support the client’s advancement, while being alert to support a client when life challenges are impacting food behaviors.
- Refer clients to selected resources for recipes, nutritional information, and resources that are based on their interests.
- Conduct research and provide ideas and suggestions to enhance the Nutrition Pathway and Harvest Project’s food services programs.
- Maintain current notes of client suggestions and progress.
- Adhere to the codes of ethics and standards required by your accreditation.
Diploma in Holistic Nutrition plus a minimum 2 years’ experience providing nutritional counselling or equivalent combination of nutrition training and experience.
Assets include experience working with diverse and marginalized populations struggling with poverty; working in a non-profit organization; and an understanding of other cultures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound understanding of issues facing communities experiencing poverty, food access and other poverty-related challenges.
- Well-developed interviewing skills with clear, empathetic listening and ability to respect the client’s individual style.
- Skilled at working independently and as part of a client care-centered interdisciplinary team with respect, professionalism, cooperation, sensitivity and cultural awareness.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Strong ability to manage a diverse client portfolio and address and adapt to cultural preferences.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize activities to achieve established expectations effectively and efficiently.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), conflict resolution, interpersonal interaction, organization, and time management.
- Sound knowledge of computers including Word and Excel and databases.
- Ability to develop and foster effective and valued relationships with community resources.
- This is a part time (maximum 20 hours per week) contract position for a period of 12-13 months
- Starting date is April, 2024, based upon your availability
- $28-$30 per hour, depending on experience
- Occasionally may be required to work on a Saturday
- Requires clearance of a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
- At times may come into contact with clients in crisis situations
- Signatory to, or acknowledgement of, Harvest Project Statement of Faith is required
Please submit your resume and an email or letter telling us “why supporting the health of people in poverty is important to you” to firstname.lastname@example.org with Client Care Nutritionist in the subject line.
For additional career opportunities please visit: https://www.harvestproject.org/careers/
Thank you for your interest!