Youth Worker Courses Teach You How to Provide Support and Encouragement to Young People Who Can Benefit from Your Guidance
Welcome to Rhodes Wellness College. You have found our professional counselling school, because you have been searching for youth worker courses to learn how to help young people. Rhodes is an accredited college and can help you in your goal to become a youth worker.
Our youth worker training course is an integral component of our much larger and fully comprehensive counselling programs. It is a one-week course in our full-time Professional Counsellor Diploma Program, Wellness Counselling Diploma Program, Addiction Counselling Diploma Program, Life Coaching Diploma Program and Life Skills Counsellor Certificate Program.
Our youth counsellor training program covers the fundamentals of normal childhood development. This includes identifying issues that may impact healthy development and lead to problematic behavior. These issues can range from family difficulties, peer pressure, puberty or drug and alcohol abuse.
Youth worker courses are best served by practical experience. Our students learn in an experiential environment, meaning they spend more time doing and less time listening to lectures. They learn to assess problem areas and crisis situations and how to intervene appropriately.
Contact Rhodes Wellness College today at (604) 708-4416 or CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the Youth Worker Courses program.
Accredited Youth Worker Courses are Vital In All of our Diploma Programs
- Total Program Length: 1 week
- Course Type: Daytime (FT)
- Course Hours: 30
- Prerequisites: COUN 100
- Other Requirements: Enrollment in Life Skills Counsellor Certificate or any Diploma program
Upon completion of the Youth Counsellor Course, students can achieve the following:
- The ability to properly assess a situation and choose the best counselling technique to effectively work with youth
- Provide youth the support, healing and understanding to resolve their own crisis and issues
- Work with youth to build their self-confidence and respect in others in order to eliminate prejudices, negative preconceptions and other inappropriate behavior
- Help youth patiently work with others to find positive resolutions to intense situations with family and peers
- Recognize indications of suicide, self-harm and clinical depression, and collaborate with the family to assist and assure the safety of a child or youth
Becoming a trusted youth worker can have an enormous impact on a young person’s life. Register now for Rhodes Wellness College’s accredited diploma programs and receive your youth worker training today.
Click Here to contact Rhodes Wellness College today at (604) 708-4416 or CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for our Diploma Programs that Include our Youth Worker Courses!