How Do I Know If I am Living My Purpose?
Popular self development author, Wayne Dyer has created another PBS special. He was a real believer that each of us was born to do something. I agree with him. It may be large or small, but our purpose is out there for all of us. How do we find this elusive purpose anyway? Here are some ways to know if what you are doing is on purpose;
- You don’t notice the passage of time
- You feel excited by what you are doing
- You are making a difference in the lives of others
- You don’t have to “try” so hard – events, people and things happen serendipitously to help you along your way
- You are willing to stick it out even when things are tough
- You have a sense of being guided
- You feel good about yourself
- Despite normal life blows, you have a sense of joy and confidence in yourself
- The people around you support you to do what you do
- You love what you do
For those of us drawn to the field of human development, being on purpose means helping others achieve health and mastery. The best way to do this is to achieve your own transformation. To transform, we must first become aware of ourselves and how we influence the world and others. The journey inward is the most exciting of all.